During a ceremonial Letter of Intent signing on Nov. 14, six Bronxville High School seniors announced their commitment to play sports at colleges across the country next fall. Joined by administrators, teachers, coaches and parents, the students were recognized for their outstanding contributions to the school community.
The following students have committed to play sports in Division I, which is the highest level of intercollegiate athletics sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association:
• Andrew Babyak has committed to swimming at the University of Michigan.
• Allie Berkery has committed to playing lacrosse at Northwestern University.
• Griffin Gelinas has committed to playing lacrosse at the University of Michigan.
• Alston Tarry has committed to playing lacrosse at Bucknell University.
The following students have committed to play sports in Division III, sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association:
• Ava Austi has committed to playing lacrosse at Washington and Lee University.
• Dylan James has committed to playing football at Colby College.
“This has been a special group of athletes who are not only talented, but have been great representatives of the Bronxville School and our athletic program,” Athletic Director Karen Peterson said. “We are excited to watch them all compete at the next level and to be real contributors to their college programs.”
The district will host an additional signing day for other Division I and Division III athletes later in the school year.