At its November meeting the Bronxville Board of Education heard the report from School Leadership, the consultants engaged to assist with the search for a new superintendent of Schools. Charles Fowler, Martin Brooks, and Susan Wollin presented the findings from various focus group discussions, interviews, and survey results. The consultants integrated those findings into a set of specifications that will guide the recruitment and selection process, and the Board endorsed their recommendations:
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced leader, passionate about the principles in The Bronxville Promise, who embraces and shares the joy of life-long learning;
- articulate a forward-thinking vision about how curriculum, practice, and assessment coalesce to improve student learning, and understand how multiple forms of technology support that vision;
- be knowledgeable about school finance and taxation issues and seek to engage staff, parents, and community members in leveraging resources and developing creative and strategic solutions;
- communicate effectively in person and through all platforms and be accessible to, and honest and transparent with, the school and Bronxville community;
- be an inspirational leader who honors the centrality of students by seeking their voice, and hiring, retaining, and supporting excellent teachers and administrators;
- be able to create a culture of trust, collaboration, integrity, teamwork, and positive relationships with students, parents, faculty, staff, administration, and the broader school community;
- relish the challenge and fun of leading a small, nationally-recognized school district that combines a high-expectations and highly-engaged community, high-achieving students, and a high-performing staff to an even more impressive level of excellence.
To see the presentation, including a description of the process and the schedule going forward, go here.