Bronxville Elementary Science Vision Statement
The vision of the Bronxville Elementary School Science program is to create a learning environment where students will develop a positive attitude toward science. The program will foster a spirit of inquisitiveness and guided inquiry in science classroom and laboratories, field research sites, science museums, or workshops where all students…
- Are given the time and support to acquire an understanding of fundamental science concepts in physical, life, earth and environmental sciences.
- Take part in a variety of motivating, student-centered learning experiences that engage them intellectually and that are relevant to their present and future lives.
- Develop process and thinking skills and learn to apply these skills in making decisions and solving real-world problems.
- Use technology to access, evaluate, process and communicate scientific data and information.
- Learn to ask questions and to answer them using scientific methods of inquiry where students collect, interpret, and analyze data.
- Are able to demonstrate what they know and are able to do through varied and balanced assessment strategies.
Current Units of Study
Kindergarten - The Five Senses
First Grade - Organisms
Second Grade - Sea Life
Third Grade - Metric Measurement
Fourth Grade - Magnetism and Electricity
Fifth Grade - Variables