Welcome to the 2019-2020 School Year!
August 26, 2019
Dear High School Students, Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! I am thrilled to be back this fall full time after undergoing a kidney transplant in March. Many of you know that I have been working since May from home and have been slowly returning to my regular routine over the summer. I was able to attend graduation in June to congratulate the Class of 2019. Now, we commence another school year and I am looking forward to a smooth opening of school and a great year.
Over the summer, work continued on our projects related to the bond referendum. Chambers field and the track were completed. Renovation of the MS/HS Library work began in earnest and should conclude early this fall. This school year, we will be planning for the expanded Atrium entrance that includes a Counseling Center addition as well as the expansion of the Cafeteria. We will continue to update you as construction continues.
There are a few important logistics to mention as the school year begins.
- Please note that school begins at 8:30 AM this year. Extra help will take place each morning from 7:45 to 8:30 AM. The updated daily schedule for the 2019-2020 school year can be found here.
- Through a process involving a committee of students, parents, faculty and administrators, we have an updated Academic Integrity Policy which applies to all middle and high school students. Students will have grade level meetings at the beginning of the year to review this along with other important high school policies. Faculty will also review the Academic Integrity Policy in each of their classes. The policy can be found in Addendum 1 of the Bronco Guide. The Bronco Guide contains important information about the high school and is located on the high school website here. It is expected that students and parents have reviewed the policies inside.
School begins on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 with incoming ninth graders reporting to the cafeteria at 8:30 AM. They will be met by their Freshman Transition Leaders who will give the ninth graders a tour of the school and go through student schedules. All students will report to their A or A/B block class at 10:00 AM and the schedule for the first day of school is located here. At noon today, August 26th, students can access their schedules on the Portal -- either under 'Schedule' or an easier to view is located under 'Reports' and is called '6 day schedule.' If you have any questions about your schedule prior to the first day of school, Counselors will be available starting today. Any freshman who would like a locker can see Mrs. Colarusso in the High School Office the week of August 26th or anytime after school begins.
Four important dates are approaching quickly so please mark your calendars.
- Ninth Grade Family Reception and Activities Fair which will take place on September 5, 2019 beginning at 7 PM at the Meadow Avenue entrance (the Atrium). Following the picnic, ninth grade parents will hear an introduction to the high school. At the same time, ninth grade students will have an opportunity to tour a fair in which they will hear about clubs and other activities in the high school and will have the chance to sign up to be a part of these groups
- High School Back to School Night is on September 12, 2019 and begins at 7:00 PM. More information about this will be shared once school begins.
- Twelfth Grade Post High School Planning Meeting for all seniors and parents is scheduled for Monday, September 16th at 7:00 PM in the Auditorium.
- The entire ninth grade along with Freshman Transition Leaders will be traveling to Sharpe Reservation for a kick-off to the high school on Monday, September 23, 2019.
Feel free to reach out with any questions. Enjoy the last week of summer and we look forward to seeing everyone as the school year begins!
Bronxville High School