The Bronxville School welcomed seven new faculty members, six psychology interns and six teacher residents during a two-day orientation, held virtually Aug. 31-Sept. 1. The group met with administrators and curriculum leaders to discuss policies and procedures before they take on their new roles.
Professional Staff Development Coordinator Dana Landesman and Mentor Coordinator Toby Gillen introduced the group and welcomed their new colleagues with an icebreaker challenge. Superintendent Dr. Roy Montesano, Assistant Superintendent Dr. Rachel Kelly, Director of Curriculum and Instruction Dr. Mara Koetke and Director of Technology Brad Ashley discussed the district’s vision for moving the Bronxville Promise forward. In addition, Dr. Koetke shared an overview with the new teachers on how to design a hybrid lesson to teach students in person and at home. The group completed their orientation with tours of the building and additional virtual meetings with their supervisors.
The following are new faculty members at the Bronxville School:
• Kevin Geidel – high school science teacher.
• Aaron Ginsburg – high school math teacher.
• Deana Hasandjekaj – high school counselor.
• Stephen Kovari – high school science teacher (leave replacement).
• Vanessa Lawson – middle school English teacher.
• Jennifer Lieberman – middle school social studies teacher.
• Alyssa Zelicof – high school counselor.
The following are new elementary school teacher residents:
• Francesca DiLapi.
• Danielle Keenan.
• Taylor Luxoro.
• Victoria Miniaci.
• Danielle Moskowitz.
• Emma Sheehan.
The following are new psychology interns:
• Rachel Mulholland.
• Heidi Niederhausen.
• Ellie Rabinovitz.
• Rebecca Seiple.
• Margaret Sinkevitch.
• Sydney Zusman.